23,000 Runners Participating in Abu Dhabi Marathon
The Abu Dhabi Marathon is a 42.195 km (26.219 mi) marathon race that takes place annually in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. The race was first held in 2015 and has since become one of the most popular marathons in the region.
2023 Abu Dhabi Marathon
The 2023 Abu Dhabi Marathon will take place on December 16, 2023. The race is expected to attract over 23,000 runners from around the world.
The 2023 Abu Dhabi Marathon will feature a number of elite runners, including:
- Men’s race:
- Andrew Kwemoi (Uganda) – Winner of the 2023 Milano Marathon
- Kiptum Barnabas (Kenya) – Winner of the 2019 Hong Kong Marathon and the Buenos Aires Marathon in 2017
- Women’s race:
- Tirunesh Dibaba (Ethiopia) – 10km Olympic Champion, 2017 Chicago Marathon winner
- Maurine Chepkemoi (Kenya) – 2022 Enschede Marathon winner
Registration for the 2023 Abu Dhabi Marathon is now open. Runners can register online at the Abu Dhabi Marathon website.
The 2023 Abu Dhabi Marathon will start and finish at the Yas Marina Circuit. The route will take runners through the city of Abu Dhabi, including past some of the city’s most iconic landmarks.
The Abu Dhabi Marathon is always looking for volunteers to help with the event. Volunteers can sign up online at the Abu Dhabi Marathon website.
Spectators are welcome to come and cheer on the runners at the Abu Dhabi Marathon. There are a number of spectator areas along the route, and there will also be a live stream of the race available online.
The Abu Dhabi Marathon is a charity event, and a portion of the proceeds from the race will be donated to a local charity.
Table of Runners by Country
|Country||Number of Runners|
We hope to see you at the 2023 Abu Dhabi Marathon!
In addition to the information above, here are some additional details about the Abu Dhabi Marathon:
- The race is open to runners of all ages and abilities.
- There are a number of different race categories available, including the full marathon, half marathon, 10km, and 5km.
- The race is wheelchair accessible.
- There are a number of water stations and refreshment points along the route.
- There are medical tents available at the start and finish line.
- There is a baggage check available at the start line.
- There is a prize ceremony after the race.